Blind Generosity – kindly have this and return it damaged.





I would be glad if you destroyed my property. All I want is to have my property back worse than gave it out. So next time I give you something, kindly use, misuse and abuse my generosity for nothing would give me greater joy.
Christianity bids me this, that I must never refuse a known ingrate my priced possession if I truly wish to enter the sweet by and by. With my recently acquired religious somnolence, I would rather have what is mine looking like one of those charity goods – given for African consumption, for what is Africa but a beneficiary of pious fraud.
That Africa holds out her black begging-hand at the door for Uncle Sam, Kimchi and the Queen to hand Africa down property that once belonged to Africa but now returned to her as damaged goods – fit for her.
Yet many count it foolish that Africa’s dazzling diamonds and rare white rhinoceros’ ivory should be given back to Africa as expensive iPhone and other fake cellphones that her children kill each other for every year.
Even so; let Africa remain at the door begging, that’s her position. It is reserved to her and only she can play the role of ushering the who-is-who into their little heaven down here.



Her sweaty palms irritate a few good-willed guests who have tried, time against number, to pull her from her comfortable spot. Her corruption greased hands would not allow her to hold firm to solid help; instead she has stained all who attempt to come to her rescue.
Her generosity is even noted in Swahili as her children often say ‘anagawa sana huyu.’

Post a Comment

3 Comments

  1. Exactly, we need our property back,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I would like to credit H. E. Koffi Annan for his efforts on the continent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I would like to credit H. E. Koffi Annan for his efforts on the continent.

    ReplyDelete